Los Angeles, CA
May 5, 2011
Show #8 of the 21 Nite Stand.
Not spectacular, but a really nice, enjoyable show. Not a huge crowd at all - very few sitting in the uppers - and it seemed to make for more relaxed show. A more traditionally paced show than the last one on 4/30. A full, 2 hour set before the encore break. 1 long encore. No 10 minute wait thing. When it was over, it was over. A very nice quiet opening - very much like 4/21. Orange Stat on first 2 songs. Hohner on all the rest. Whitney Houston pops onstage during a very long Musicology. Don't over expect. Cedric the Entertainer attempts to sing during Raspberry Beret. The song sort of falls apart, but it allows Prince to throw in some tasty guitar licks. The show had an odd end. Prince leaves the stage after the vocals on Kiss - does none of the butt shaking dancing that he has done on all other shows - but the band completely finishes the song as per normal - as the audience/dancers are methodically led off the stage by security.
A really good sounding show. One of the best of the bunch so far. I shortened the encore crowd by a couple of minutes so the show would fit on 2 discs.
Disc 1 (65:48)
01. The Love We Make
03. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
05. Let's Work / Give It To Me (Prince on Bass)
06. You Got The Look
07. The Question of U / The One
08. Musicology / Prince And The Band
09. Stratus w/ band intros
Disc 2 (79:53)
01. Angel (sung by the girls)
02. Nothing Compares To U (Duet with Shelby J)
03. Sometimes It Snows In April (no guitar)
04. Take Me With U
05. Raspberry Beret
07. Controversy (with Housequake chants)
08. Let's Go Crazy
09. Delirious / Let's Go Crazy (reprise)
11. Little Red Corvette (yes guitar)
12. Purple Rain
Prince at the sample . . .
13. When Doves Cry / Nasty Girl / Sign O The Times / Most Beautiful Girl / Alphabet St / Love Bizarre / Darling Nikki / Single Ladies / I Would Die 4 U
14. If Eye Was Ur Girlfriend