Monday, July 11, 2016

RE-UP: Prince live in Los Angeles 2011 - 3CD - May 29

Prince and the New Power Generation
The Forum
Los Angeles, CA
May 29, 2011

Show #15 of the 21 Nite Stand.  Yeah, right.

A very great long show.  Prince definitely working hard.  Supposedly the last one of the run.  Many memorable and unique moments.  Check out Purple Rain.  Lots of guitar.  Lots of Maceo.  One or two more great encores could have maybe brought the show up to the level of 4/14, but alas it didn't happen. Still a fine ending to a great run of shows.

If you think something's odd about the first couple minutes of the long intro of The Love We Make, you are right.  The band took the stage immediately after the opening act and I wasn't back in my seat yet.  The first two minutes got recorded as I made my way from the back of the arena to my seat in Loge 6.  Don't worry, all was good well before the song really kicked in and Prince started singing.

This one goes out the greatest guy ever.  Within five minutes of the start of the show, the guy sitting next to me notices I am taping.  He types me a note on his phone telling me that is cool and he would not yell and clap.  A real stand up guy.  Worst people ever?  The security at these shows.  Practically assaulting people over taking worthless crappy pictures on cel phones.  Very late in the show, a burly security guy was sprinting towards me, pawing his way through paying customers who were just trying to enjoy the show.  I was sure I was busted.  He passes me by and practically assaults a very calm woman who had just snapped a picture.  I genuinely thought she had a gun or something.  He stands there for 10 minutes barking at her.  Making her scroll through pictures on her phone and loudly ordering he to delete all the pix she had taken at the show.  Thank God. World now safe..


Disc  1  (52:20)

01. The Love We Make
02. Mountains
03. Everyday People
04. Take Me With U
05. Raspberry Beret (longer version)
06. Cream
07. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (w/ long Maceo intro)
08. Cool
09. Let's Work (w/ long Prince and Ida bass intro)
10. You Got The Look
11. No One Else (Amel Larrieux cover sung by the ladies)
12. Renata Interlude
13. The Beautiful Ones


Disc 2  (69:53)

01. Let's go Crazy (w/ very long guitar intro)
02. Delirious / Let's Go Crazy (reprise)
03. She's Always in My Hair
04. Future Soul Song (w/ King)
05. Purple Rain

Encore 1
06. 1999
07. Little Red Corvette

Encore 2
Prince at the sampler . . .
08. When  Doves Cry / Nasty Girl / The Most Beautiful Girl In The World / Screams of Passion / Alphabet Street / Hot Thing / Darling Nikki / Black Sweat / I Would Die 4 U

09. Kiss

Disc 3  (68:38)

Encore 3
01. The Bird
02. Jungle Love
03. A Love Bizarre w/ Nikka Costa
04. crowd

Encore 4
05. If Eye Was Ur Girlfriend
06. Insatiable
07. Scandalous
08. Adore
09. crowd (crowd does the wave)

Encore 5
10. Pass The Peas (Maceo and the band)
11. Controversy

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment